Monday, June 24, 2013

Dream work spaces

I imagine that many golfers believe they would play their best golf at Augusta National (home of the Masters).  Maybe many musicians believe they would perform their best at Carnegie Hall.  For me, I'm inspired in my work by grand reading rooms in libraries.  I'm lucky to be able to use the Stanford Green Library's Lane Reading Room. It has a nice hallway with vaulted ceilings, which is a good place for monk-like pacing.

A place for pacing
(click for larger image in new window)

As nice as this is, my Dream Work Space might be the Library of Congress Reading Room.  I visited there last week to get two hard-to-find books.  I only spent a few minutes in the Reading Room itself before going into the copy room.  But I took a moment to imaging what it would be like as a daily work space.  Yowwza!

Library of Congress Reading Room.
View from above (click for larger image in new window)

View from the floor.  I'm sure I could think great thoughts here!
(Click to view larger image in new window)




No comments:

Post a Comment